Gas stations in the USA – How to use them and what are the prices for gasoline in America
First of all, of course, you need to stop by a gas station. Prices at different gas stations located nearby may differ slightly, but not much. So choose the gas station that is more convenient for you (we are talking about tourists, not local residents with discount cards of any gas station).
01. We drive up to the column. Next, you need to choose whether to go to pay at the checkout, or pay on the spot at the column by credit card. For now, consider the option with a card payment.
02. Insert a bank card.
03. Here you need to remember that those cards that are considered debit in Russia, in America will be passed as a credit card. So we press “No”.
04. Since you have chosen to pay by credit card, you will need to enter the five-digit ZIP code, or the postal code of the US Post Office. The Russian index will not work, since it is six-digit, and you also do not have your own ZIP code (unless you are a local resident). Therefore, you need to try to enter 00000, 99999, or, more sensibly, take the first ZIP code that comes across from some advertising brochure. If, after entering the index, the system accepts it, you will proceed to payment. If not, you will be asked to enter a different ZIP code. After the third unsuccessful attempt, you will be asked to go to the cashier and pay there.
And the last point: each time you enter the ZIP code, the payment system, as a check of the correctness of the information you entered, debits $ 1 from your card, which, after confirmation, will be credited as payment for gasoline. However, if you still manage to find the ZIP code, you will simply be charged $ 3, and no one will return them in the future!
05. If you have accepted the ZIP code, then everything will be simple after that.
We take in hand a refueling pistol.
Click on the button for the fuel you want to fill. If you have a regular car, then feel free to choose 87 Regular. If you have rented a Ferrari, then proceed on your own.
06. Then insert the nozzle into the gas tank and start refueling.
07. After you have filled in a sufficient amount of gasoline, stop filling gasoline, put the fuel nozzle back in place, and you can leave. Your card will be charged exactly as much as you refueled.
If you still fail to find the required ZIP-code, then just go to the cashier and tell the cashier “Pump number
Users were also interested in these posts:
Where to vacation in Florida with kids – the itinerary around Orlando
Going to Florida with kids is every family’s dream! I put together an interesting itinerary for an independent trip around Orlando. It turned out not to be that easy, as it doesn’t suggest going exclusively to Disney parks every day and riding roller coasters at…
Miami apartments – where to buy an apartment or studio in Miami Beach
I’m telling you which Miami apartments are the best to choose for your vacation. If going for a week or two or more, we recommend renting an apartment with a living room and a kitchen or a studio in a Miami Beach apartment hotel, based…
Miami hotels – top hotels in Miami Beach with a good beach
Miami is a very popular resort in the U.S., and there are a lot of good hotels here. So right away it can be hard to figure out which hotel is the best to book in Miami. I offer you my selection of very good…
From New York to Miami by car – 2 week road trip itinerary in the US
I’m starting to tell you about a very interesting route along the East Coast of the United States – from New York to Miami by car, which we drove personally. Of course, many people say that it is difficult and expensive to rent in New…
Best budget hotel in New York City near downtown: Howard Johnson by Wyndham Long Island City – review and guide
This article details the inexpensive hotel in New York City near downtown that we stayed in during our trip to the US. So if you’re looking for a cheap hotel in downtown New York with a high rating and good guest reviews, we recommend you…
Trip to New York City by yourself – tips for travelers, prices, what you need to know before going to the U.S.
Trip to New York CityA trip to New York City is one of the most interesting trips to the US we’ve ever been on. We’ll share not only our impressions of New York, but also practical first-hand information and helpful tips for travelers and tourists…