Miami hotels – top hotels in Miami Beach with a good beach
Miami is a very popular resort in the U.S., and there are a lot of good hotels here. So right away it can be hard to figure out which hotel is the best to book in Miami. I offer you my selection of very good 5 star hotels in Miami Beach, on some of the best beaches in Miami – South Beach, on Mid Beach and in the luxury area of Sunny Isles. Hotels in Miami with high ratings on Bookings and good reviews from reputable experts in England and the U.S. are included in the review. The list is complemented by very good inexpensive hotels on the beach in Miami for a budget vacation.
Hotels in Miami
Hotels in Miami are the most comfortable places for tourists and independent travelers who come to the largest resort city in the state of Florida. They are divided into several types:
- Beach resorts with a large pool and the best service
- Small hotels on the first line with minimal service.
- Small B&Bs and Guest Houses
- City hotels for business, shopping and entertainment
- Aparthotels and studio apartments in condos (our detailed review)
- Youth Hostels
- Motels and vacation rentals
In addition, hotels in Miami come in different categories both in terms of accommodation options (regular hotel rooms, spacious apartments, family suites) and in terms of guest services (from providing only a bed for the night and room cleaning to a personal concierge and complete organization of leisure activities).
Important to know: The best hotels in Miami are considered to be 4 and 5 star front line accommodations along Miami Beach.
It is important to know before you go to Miami on vacation:
- First, the state of Florida in the United States, where Miami is located, is a very beautiful place, with a humid tropical climate and very comfortable living conditions.
- Secondly, it is very important to choose the right beach in Miami Beach, which suits you best. Read more about it here.
- Thirdly, during the winter months hotels in Miami are usually crowded with Americans and Canadians who want to give themselves a piece of summer in the middle of the cold season (for Christmas vacations, like in the movie “Home Alone 2”). And in the summer, it’s mostly Europeans and Russians who come to Miami for vacation.
My husband and I were just in Miami in the fall, but the weather was good: it rained sometimes in the morning and then it was sunny all day. And we really enjoyed our stay!
Hotel Prices in Miami
The cost of hotels in Miami is pretty high. The price range is pretty wide, from $70 to $500 for a regular room, depending on the category of the hotel and its location. Suites in 5-star resorts with its own beach will cost $ 400-700 dollars a day.
- Room rates in hotels and hotels in Miami average $150-250 dollars a night.
- A good first-line hotel near the beach in Miami Beach in South Beach and North Beach will cost at least $ 200 for 1 day (not including taxes), and comfortable lodging in Surfside, Lammas Park, Mid Beach and Sunny Isles from $ 270 a day.
- The Downtown, Buena Vista, and Upper East Side areas have less expensive hotels, but nice rooms and apartments still cost at least $90-$120 per night.
- Find a good hotel in Miami for less than $100 is only on the outskirts of town, where you have to drive. For example, you can stay at a reasonably comfortable Garden Inn in Homestead for about $50 a day, as we did the first time, but you must spend at least a half an hour on the road.
Good to know: Low prices for hotels in Miami Beach are in the spring and fall during hurricane season (the cheapest in October and November). And the most expensive to travel to Miami in December for Christmas, as well as in March, April, July and August.
Hotels in Miami on the waterfront
Five-star Hotels by the Shore and with a Private Beach in Miami
The Setai Miami Beach
The tallest building in South Beach, a bastion of tranquility in Miami’s premier hangout. Art Deco with an Asian twist, this hotel is the epitome of sophistication.
Benefits of The Setai in Miami:
- Not all rooms face the ocean, but all are spacious and stylish.
- Guests at The Setai Hotel can practice yoga and tai chi.
- The hotel’s restaurants serve Mediterranean (Italian, French, Spanish and Greek) and Asian cuisine.
- The spa boasts the best THÉMAÉ cosmetics from Paris.
- The Setai, Miami Beach has three pools where you can control the temperature.
The only downside is that the hotel has no kids’ club, which means it won’t be very convenient for family vacationers. While for other guests, on the contrary, it can be a plus.
Hotel South Beach
Hotel South Beach is located in downtown Miami and has its own access to the beach. The hotel occupies an entire block and is on the border of two beaches, South Beach and Mid Beach. Thus, it is almost an ideal location for exploring all of Miami.
Pros of the hotel:
- The whole atmosphere of the hotel is eco-friendly.
- There are also charged Tesla’s waiting for guests in the 1 Hotel South Beach’s garage.
- One of the cool things about this hotel is the great rooftop pool with a panoramic view of the city and the ocean. There is nowhere else like it in Miami.
- In addition to the luxury rooftop pool, the hotel has three other pools, spa services, sauna, and fitness center.
- The hotel has a children’s club with games and activities for younger guests.
- The hotel restaurant offers Asian, American and Mexican cuisine.
Minus: A $28 daily resort fee is added to the rather high cost of lodging.
Romantic Hotels in Miami
Acqualina Resort is the most luxurious 5-star hotel in Miami Beach, located in the so-called Miami Riviera – Sunny Isles – and regularly tops lists of the best hotels in Florida.
The benefits of the Hotel Aqualina in Miami:
- The hotel’s exterior and interiors are Mediterranean-inspired.
- The rooms are spacious and cozy, a real top-notch experience.
- A whole garage of fancy Rolls-Royces is at the guests’ disposal.
- The pool is big and comfortable.
- The spa is above all praise.
- The cuisine at Acqualina Resort and Spa is Italian with New York chic and Mediterranean.
- Best of all, the ocean is much cleaner than on South Beach.
Among other things, the hotel has a fitness club, tennis court, and kids club. This hotel is also considered the best hotel in Miami for vacationing with kids. So only come here if you don’t mind a lot of kids. But of course, if you also have your own kids on vacation.
Among the disadvantages is the fact that the hotel Aqualina is not that big, and this means that it is better to book a room in advance, especially for the winter season.
Faena Hotel Miami Beach
Faena Hotel Miami Beach is a brand new 5 star hotel in Miami’s newest neighborhood, where everything shines with luster. The Faena area is about to become the new buzzword in Miami vacationing.
- The hotel’s South American style is unique — it was designed by Oscar-winning director Baz Luhrmann, so the grounds are more like a fashionable fairy tale.
- The rooms at Faena Hotel Miami Beach are very spacious, and you can book rooms with a view of the city or the ocean.
- The beautiful Tierra Santa Healing House spa and yoga classes on the beach are another reason to choose Faena Hotel Miami Beach.
- The hotel restaurant, which overlooks the pool, serves American, Latin American, and Asian cuisine.
Cons: The price may seem quite high. But this is Miami and 5 stars!
Top Miami hotels to stay with children
The St Regis Bal Harbour Resort
The St Regis Bal Harbour Resort – This modern 5* spa hotel confidently tops many ratings as the best hotel in Miami for holidays with kids, although it opened relatively recently. The very spacious ocean-view rooms, tranquil interiors, and ocean-view pools are especially appealing.
Advantages of the St. Regis Hotel in Miami:
- The hotel is conveniently located in North Miami’s Bal Harbour fashion district, where you can find plenty of fashionable boutiques and great shopping.
- South Beach is just a 15-minute cab ride from the hotel.
- The St Regis Bal Harbour Resort has one of the best spas in Miami, the Remède Spa.
- The Sea Turtle Club, the best kids club, offers beach excursions for kids and interactive games. The cost of a day at the club – $90.
- The cuisine in the hotel restaurants is very diverse – Greek, Asian and American.
Minus: It’s a long walk to the Miami attractions. Need a cab or rental car.
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Loews Miami Beach Hotel is a wonderful 4-star beach hotel in Miami, located on the first line on the Atlantic Ocean at the very beginning of South Beach and Ocean Drive. The hotel features a lagoon-shaped huge pool, chic to the point of outrageous Art Deco style, and Miami’s best seafood restaurant.
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel isn’t just a family-friendly hotel: in addition to the half-day and full-day SOBE Kids Club, there’s an entire Loews Loves Kids program and a Kids Closet playroom with toys.
- American, Latin American and Asian cuisines are served here.
- A gym and fitness center are available to guests.
- It is possible to relax on an all-inclusive program.
Minus: A resort fee of $30 per day is added to the cost of lodging, which, by the way, covers kayaking and banana rides for both adults and children.
Inexpensive Miami beachfront hotels
It’s also fairly easy to find other very good beachfront hotels in Miami, but not as expensive as the aforementioned 5-star hotels. During the high season, their room rates start at $180. But to book at a bargain price, it’s best to do so in advance, especially if you’re planning a winter vacation or New Year’s Eve trip to Miami.
Here are some of the best Miami beachfront hotels with good reviews:
- The Confidante by Hyatt is a 4-star hotel in Mid Beach.
- The Nautilus – 5 stars in South Beach and on the beach!
- The Palms Hotel & Spa is another highly rated, 4-star hotel in Miami with its own beach at Mid Beach.
Business Travel Hotels in Miami
The best hotels for business travel in Miami are in the Downtown area and in Miami Beach near the Convention Center. We recommend several lodging options with high ratings and good reviews:
- Marriott – a modern hotel with a pool in Downtown Miami
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Convenient and affordable midtown hotel near the Metro
- Fortune House – Comfortable apartment hotel with spacious rooms and parking.
- 1818 Meridian House is a stylish hotel near the Botanic Garden and Convention Center.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
Cheapest Hotels in Miami
Where to stay in Miami if you’re short on cash and don’t feel like a hostel? Here are a few options for the most undemanding guests to get by:
- The Pierre, a $50 hotel with bad reviews but a great location in Mid-Beach.
- Odyssey, Miami’s cheapest apartment hotel in South Beach.
- Travelodge is a clean, budget hotel in Little Haiti.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Miami Biscayne Bay Hotel
Palm Springs hotels – where to stay, our tips and advice
Palm Springs is a tourist conglomeration of 9 cities in the state of California USA, which is located 180 km east of Los Angeles in the Colorado Desert, next to Joshua Tree National Park. The Coachella Valley, where the town of Palm Springs is located,…
Miami or Hawaii – which is better to choose for a beach vacation in
Today I will tell you which beach resort in the U.S. is better to choose for a vacation – Miami or Hawaii. To make the right choice, it is worth evaluating all the features of travel to America: how and how much to fly to…
Best hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii (USA, Waikiki)
The best hotels in Honolulu – five stars – guarantee a luxurious vacation in Hawaii, USA. In the article I will also give examples of good hotels in Honolulu, where you can stay at a lower price, but also remember your vacation at the beach…
Best hotels in Hawaii 5 stars – review of the best hotels on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Lana’i and the Big Island
Hotels in Hawaii are worth choosing carefully. My review includes the most magnificent and luxurious 5-star hotels throughout the Hawaiian Islands – Halekulani on Oahu and its tourist hub in Honolulu (Waikiki Beach), Montage on magical Maui, the magnificent Hyatt Grand on secluded exclusive Lanai,…
St. Augustine – What to see in the first European city in the U.S. Ariana in America, USA, Florida
St. Augustine is a city on the Atlantic coast in the southeastern United States in Florida, founded in 1565 by the Spanish and personally by Admiral Pedro Menendez de Aviles, the first governor of Florida. And the first name of the city was San Agustin,…
Fort Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine – what to see, how to get there (Florida, USA)
Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine, Florida, is the oldest stone fort in the continental United States. It was built by the Spanish in the late 17th century. Many historians proudly say that America began here, not in Boston. Since 1933 and until now…