Summer is approaching with rapid speed. With the onset of warmth and a bright sun, we all want to visit new places, enjoy sunsets and sunrises in other countries and gain strength before new achievements. In 2015, the choice of a place for a romantic pastime or rest with the whole family is quite diverse. This article will help you decide where to go on vacation this summer, will reveal the top five not obvious, but nevertheless bright and colorful places for recreation, tell about their advantages and attractions.
Among the most interesting places to go on vacation in 2015, experts highlight the following:
- El Chalten;
Valletta – unique medieval architecture and great history
Valletta is the capital of Malta, which amazes tourists with its beautiful architecture and amazing history. The climate here is warm, and the location of the city surprises with its beauty. Valletta is well suited for those who love to learn everything new, are interested in medieval architecture and dream of visiting the most amazing places in the world. If you do not know how to relax on vacation to have an unforgettable experience, then you should visit such places of the city as:
1. Life Path of Malta is a 40-minute film show, during which viewers are invited to learn about the history of Malta with all its details. The film is broadcast in several languages, including Russian. The atmosphere of the hall and richness of history will not leave you indifferent.
2. The Palace of the Grand Master is a unique palace, within the walls of which you can see frescoes with various episodes from the history of the Order of the Hospitallers, unique tapestries, portraits of rulers are exhibited in different rooms (there is even a portrait of Catherine II, made by D. Levitsky in 1783), as well there is a large collection of weapons and armor from different countries.
3. The Cathedral of St. John is an ancient cathedral of the 16th century, within the walls of which 400 great knights rest, but the main advantage of this place is the chapel of the cathedral, where there is a painting by Caravaggio “Beheading of John the Baptist”, painted here in Malta.
4. National Archaeological Museum. The site features a large collection of ancient artefacts from excavations in Malta, such as the famous Venus of Malta and the Sleeping Woman, as well as unrivaled collections of pottery and coins.
5. National War Museum. Equipment, weapons and military equipment from the Second World War are located on the territory of the museum. Here you can also see the Ingvardia costume show about the era of the Knights of St. John.
Valletta will gladly welcome new tourists and delight them with its greatness.
Zermatt – a little winter happiness
Zermatt is one of the most prestigious ski resorts in the world, located in the heart of the Pennine Alps in Switzerland. This place is well suited for outdoor enthusiasts. Here, even in summer you can immerse yourself in the atmosphere of winter. If you do not know where it is better to go on vacation in the hot summer, but want the maximum extreme, then welcome to Zermatt. The variety of trails and beautiful views of the mountains of this city are magnificent, but these are not all the advantages of the resort. In Zermatt, you should visit such sights as:
- Tower of ice, ice hall.
- Glacial caves in the eternal ice on the Matterhorn mountain.
- Matterhorn Museum.
- Funicular, mountain railway.
By visiting Zermatt, you can see the most beautiful places, plunge into the fresh air of the Alps and enjoy skiing on the best slopes of the resort.
Milan – a separate world of beauty and style
Milan has long been considered the center of fashion and style. All the beauty of the world is concentrated here and this is expressed not only in clothes, but also in the buildings of the city itself. The city began its existence as early as 600 BC. e., but under the name “Mediolan”. Today its territory covers 181.76 km² and demonstrates to tourists its charm and elegance of forms. In Milan, you should definitely look at such sights as:
1. The Duomo Square is an area of 17 thousand square meters. Here you can see the Duomo Cathedral, the North and South Palace, the Gallery named after King Vittorio Emanuele II and his monument, the Arc de Triomphe, which serves as the entrance to the Passage.
2. Cathedral of Santa Maria Nachente is the only palace in Europe that is made of white marble.
3. Sforzesco Castle is one of the most important sights of Milan. On the territory of the castle there is a museum of ancient art, iconography, a collection of antique furniture and weapons and many other interesting sights.
4. Sempione Park is a park where you can see green lawns, alleys of age-old trees and ideal forms of shrubs, beautiful fountains, streams and bridges for lovers.
In Milan, you can see many architectural and historical buildings, as well as visit local boutiques and buy stylish and elegant clothes from the best couturiers in the world.
El Chalten – unity with nature
El Chalten is a small mountain village located in Argentina, Santa Cruz province. This place attracts tourists with its pristine appearance and nature untouched by man. El Chalten is perfect for those who are tired of everyday hustle and bustle and the invasion of electronics. There are only a few telephone machines in the village and mobile communications are almost non-existent here, which allows one to completely abstract from the outside world. Here you can go mountaineering or just enjoy the amazing nature, where forest lakes, waterfalls and magnificent mountains are perfectly combined.
Washington DC is the perfect vacation spot
For the first time in many years, experts mark Washington as one of the leaders among the worthy vacation spots. This city is ideal for people who want to be with civilization, but still enjoy wonderful things and discover something new. Among the advantages of this city it should be noted:
- The White House and the Pentagon;
- City Museum;
- International Museum of Espionage;
- Mall and memorial parks.
There are many museums, galleries and other unique places in Washington that will amaze you with their views and history.
Where to vacation in Florida with kids – the itinerary around Orlando
Going to Florida with kids is every family’s dream! I put together an interesting itinerary for an independent trip around Orlando. It turned out not to be that easy, as it doesn’t suggest going exclusively to Disney parks every day and riding roller coasters at…
Miami apartments – where to buy an apartment or studio in Miami Beach
I’m telling you which Miami apartments are the best to choose for your vacation. If going for a week or two or more, we recommend renting an apartment with a living room and a kitchen or a studio in a Miami Beach apartment hotel, based…
Miami hotels – top hotels in Miami Beach with a good beach
Miami is a very popular resort in the U.S., and there are a lot of good hotels here. So right away it can be hard to figure out which hotel is the best to book in Miami. I offer you my selection of very good…
From New York to Miami by car – 2 week road trip itinerary in the US
I’m starting to tell you about a very interesting route along the East Coast of the United States – from New York to Miami by car, which we drove personally. Of course, many people say that it is difficult and expensive to rent in New…
Best budget hotel in New York City near downtown: Howard Johnson by Wyndham Long Island City – review and guide
This article details the inexpensive hotel in New York City near downtown that we stayed in during our trip to the US. So if you’re looking for a cheap hotel in downtown New York with a high rating and good guest reviews, we recommend you…
Trip to New York City by yourself – tips for travelers, prices, what you need to know before going to the U.S.
Trip to New York CityA trip to New York City is one of the most interesting trips to the US we’ve ever been on. We’ll share not only our impressions of New York, but also practical first-hand information and helpful tips for travelers and tourists…